- Susanne Bickel, Egyptologist, University of Basel.
- Frank Rühli, Director of the Institute of Evolutionary Medizine, University of Zurich.
Project Coordination & Field Direction
- Andrea Loprieno-Gnirs, Egyptologist & archaeologist, University of Basel; specialization: landscape archaeology & rock tomb construction, burial assemblages & funerary practices.
- Institute of Evolutionary Medicine, Research Group Frank Rühli, University of Zurich
- Geological Institute, Research Group Martin Ziegler, ETH Zurich
- Institute of Geodesy and Photogrammetry, Research Group Andreas Wieser, ETH Zurich
- Thomas Böni, orthopedist, University of Zurich; specialization: orthopedic assessments on skeletons and mummies.
- Iwona Kozieradzka-Ogunmakin, anthropologist, bioarchaeologist, University of Manchester; specialization: osteological and paleopathological assessments on skeletons and mummies, histological & aDNA sampling, mummification practices.
- Frank Rühli (see Project Directors).
- Roger Seiler, dentist, paleopathologist, University of Zurich; specialization: stomatological assessments on skeletons and mummies.
- Liliane Seiler, assistant radiology, University of Zurich.
Archaeology & Archaeometry
- Excavation Direction: Lukas Richner, archaeologist and geomatician, University of Basel.
- Martina Aeschlimann-Langer, archaeological illustrator, University of Basel; specialization: illustrations of archaeological artifacts and digital visualizations of tomb paintings.
- Daniel Arpagaus (see Project Administration).
- Zulema Barahona, ceramologist, University of Basel; specialization: burial and domestic pottery from the Middle Bronze Age to recent times.
- Oliver Bruderer, scientific illustrator, University of Basel; illustrations of ancient tools and work processes.
- Sayed Ahmed, conservation assistant, Qurna/Luxor.
- Charlotte Hunkeler, Egyptologist, University of Basel; specialization: wooden & cartonnage body envelopes.
- Matjaž Kačičnik, photographer, University of Basel; specialization: archaeological photography, photogrammetry of tomb architecture.
- Andrea Loprieno-Gnirs (see Coordination & Field Direction).
- Nadine Meier, Egyptologist, student of textile conservation, University of Basel/TH Köln; specialization: ancient textiles.
- Hosny Mohamed, archaeological assistant, Luxor.
- ‘Abd el-Hamid Osman, chief excavator (ra’iis), Qurna/Luxor.
- Erico Peintner, scientific conservator, University of Basel, specialization: conservation; ancient technologies and materials.
- Klaus Powroznik, archaeologist, photographer, University of Basel; specialization: development of excavation methods, application of photogrammetric procedures in field archaeology.
- Rouven Turck, archaeologist, University of Zurich.
- Stephan Unter, Egyptologist, computational scientist, University of Basel; specialization: development of database structure and interface design; maintenance of integrative database system, preparation of database field use, processing of photogrammetric models.
- Noémi Villars, Egyptologist, University of Basel, specialization: database Thesauri, database responsible in the field, electronic recording of finds and analyses of archaeological mass data.
Epigraphy and Visual Studies
- Susanne Bickel (see Project Directors).
- Mahmoud Ibrahim (see Project Administration).
- Julianna Kitti Paksi, Egyptologist, linguist, University of Basel; specialization: epigrapher, philological & orthographic studies of tomb inscriptions.
- Matthias Müller, Egyptologist, Coptologist, University of Basel; epigrapher, philological study of Hieratic & Coptic text sources.
- Marina Sartori, Egyptologist, University of Basel; PhD project: Visual Studies applied to Egyptian tomb wall paintings.
- Ephraim Friedli, geodesist, ETH Zurich; specialization: geodetic & photogrammetric landscape and tomb mapping, 3D modeling.
- Zan Gojcic, geodesist, ETH Zurich; specialization: geodetic & photogrammetric landscape and tomb mapping, 3D modeling, classifying and recognizing morphologic similarities between objects within point clouds.
- Andreas Wieser, geodesist, ETH Zurich.
- Rachael Colldeweih, geologist, ETH Zurich; specialization: litho-stratigraphy, rock mass behavior.
- Andrea Wolter, geologist, ETH Zurich; rock slope instabilities, rock slope behavior.
- Martin Ziegler, geologist, ETH Zurich; specialization: fracture formation, rock mass stresses and rock mass behavior.
- Daniel Arpagaus, Project Assistant, University of Basel; additional specialization: Ptolemaic epigraphy, archaeological surveying.
- Mahmoud Ibrahim, Project Consultant, University of Basel/Cairo; additional specialization: Arabic manuscripts from the late 19th-20th Century.
- Stephan Freijo, Student Assistant, University of Basel.
- Charlotte Gieben, Student Assistant, University of Basel.
- Lara Kurmann, Student Assistant, University of Basel.
- Evelyne Marty, Student Assistant, University of Basel.
Research Collaboration Partners
- Hossam Abd el-Monem, geologist, University of Tanta; specialization: sedimentology.
- Lucía Díaz-Iglesias, Egyptologist, Centro de Ciencias Humanas y Sociales, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas Madrid; specialization: philological & material studies of Book of the Dead papyri.
- Stéphane Fetler, Egyptologist, conservator, Université Libre de Bruxelles; specialization: wooden & cartonnage body envelopes.
- Nesrin El Hadidi, scientific conservator, University of Cairo; specialization: wood conservation.
- Rim Hamdy, archeobotanist, University of Cairo; specialization: ancient plant materials.
- Niklaus Heeb, Director of the Division Knowledge Visualization, Zurich University of the Arts.
- Christiane Jacquat Bertossa, archeobotanist, University of Zurich; specialization: ancient plant materials.
- Rosemarie Klemm, geologically trained Egyptologist, Munich; geological assessment of rock proveniences.
- Antonio Loprieno, Egyptologist, University of Basel; specialization ancient Egyptian Writings Systems & Visual Studies.
- Marcial Lopez, master of stonemasonry, Basel Münsterbauhütte.
- Rainer Nutz, Egyptologist, University of Basel; specialization: statistic projections of excavation volumes in ancient tomb construction and of tools’ wear.
- Jacques Reinhard, basketry and wickerwork specialist, Laténium Neuchâtel.
- Jacqueline Studer, archaeozoologist, Université de Genève.
- André Veldmeijer, archaeologist and palaeontologist, Cairo.